After reading the appropriate section in your prescribed textbook From Snapshots to Great Shots,please answer the following questions:
- Name all the functions / buttons on the front of your camera
- Name all the functions / buttons on the back of your camera
- Explain how you would set the correct ISO
- Explain how you would change the aperture
- Explain how you would change the shutter speed
I have the camera Nikon D3100 with the standard lens that followed with the camera.
- In the front of my camera, I have 4 functions.
- Red-eye reduction/Focus Assist Lamp
- Lens Mounting Mark
- Lens Release Button
- Having watched the video with Nigel French – describe, in your own words, what each of these colour systems means: RGB and CMYK.
- Make use of Kuler and develop four different colour schemes. You must hand in screen shots of your schemes as done with Kuler:
The word CMYK stands for Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black. CMYK is a subtractive color method. When using a subtractive color method, the colors are being mixed using paint or another printing process. Subtractive color mixing goes from white and ends with black. When you add more color, the result grows darker and tends toward black. If we mix Yellow, Magenta (a distinct hue of red), Cyan (distinct blue) And Black, we going to get the color black. The color black has a mixed of its own, quite different from the others. You can say that K stands for ”key”. CMYK is used in printers and have thousands of different colors. Read More
1. Look at the following logos and explain in your own words what you consider their positioning to be (do this for each one).
Coca Cola is a soda company that create and sell their product to all the people around the world. Their main group is probably young people. The way Coca-Cola is different from the rest is that they are also involved in other soda brands like Sprite and Fanta.
Volkswagen is a Car brand that has focus on creating and selling the best and safest cars around the world. Their target market is everybody with a driver license at the age of 18 and above. The way Volkswagen stands out from the rest is by creating cars that is safe and just as good on snowy roads as on warm and sunny roads.
Visa is a payment solution that lets people pay or get payed in stores or similar. As their solutions can be used by all ages, their target market is very wide. The way Visa stands out is by having a more safe and flexible solution than the competitors.
This weeks task
You are briefed to do an illustration for fruit juice packaging (orange and banana flavour). The name of the product is: Loose Juice.
- Draw at least 15 scamps (they can be A6 size each) of what the label will look like. Remember to include the fruit, the name of the flavour and the name of the product.
- Choose one of your sketches and draw the label, using Adobe Illustrator. The artwork can be A6 (landscape or portrait).
Today I finished my LOOSE JUICE LOGO. I´m very pleased with the result! I have never work with adobe illustrator before but I think in the end I got the hang of it. Here is my result!
This week is all about being creative and solve different puzzles. Here you can se my tasks for week 2.
This is how my first year studying Graphical Design at Noroff looks like.